Friday, April 27, 2007

never underestimate...a sharpie and tape

never underestimate the power of a sharpie and some tape. my boxes have just arrived. i am now living in nyc with two medium sized boxes, a red suitcase and an electric guitar. go me. ten days later, and delivered in the rain even, they have arrived. all taped up with just a weeeeeee address on them.






now i'm not complaining or anything but i must say i was a bit worried. you see when i went to the us post office to send these off i could barely stand and was still sleeping walking in baby oil. i had been up for almost 40 hours and not sure what my brainwaves were doing,but they were definately not thinking. so...needless to say it was a miracle to get them shipped out. at the time getting delivery confirmation or tracking or even insurance for every little thing i own and that is precious to me, well, it didn't seem too important?!?!?!? YES. i know. don't let me loose. in any case. they have arrived. gods bless the usps and the man who brought them to me at 9am today. and yes i told him, oh 3 or 4 times that i loved him as he was escaping from the building. today manhattan you will see me in new clothes. tomorrow? we will make coffee in my french press.
now rise and shine lil monkey faces. i am off to yum yum eats, laundry and talking cats.
xo
kimmy.

No comments:

Post a Comment