Wednesday, July 19, 2006

music beauty truth muse.

music. beauty. truth
I wish I could explain this to you
but that is the joy in sound
it can only be heard
it can only penetrate
it can only touch your cells
and you react.
the words the chords the melody
it all calculates emotion, subconscious, superconscious.
and it changes you.
sound changes us.
such a simple reality.
so rarely honored.
but tonight.
leaps in the air. arms and hands rocking.
the actual velocity of sound moving the entire body
down to the cells…dancing.
it is a surreal experience in that it happens too rarely
but I am grounded and fully alive right now.
‘starlight’
‘butterflies & hurricanes’
‘hysteria’
these songs could fuel a war
with the self
and you would win.
I wish I could show you
I wish I could convince you
to listen to this music
to let it touch you
to let it come inside you
to go and see it hear it touch it
live.
there is no other experience close to this
something that puts you so completely into
your own body that you just about puke
and you can’t feel anything but bass throbbing
the length of your body
hair to heart to feet
one two three.
embracing. caressing.
a lover.
an alter ego.
an unknown friend.
the soul
the soul
the soul.
and I am reminded who I am
what it’s like to be fully alive
like this
like this
like this
where every thought comes and goes
unfiltered
felt
unjudged
an acceptance and simplicity
all of this.
thank you.
muse.
for giving life tonight.

July 19, 2006 12:40am

No comments:

Post a Comment