Monday, July 3, 2006

tell tales of decision

I’ve returned from nyc. I’ve been back a week and it feels just an instant. The glasses have made their rounds. Tony was hugged. I felt like the paparazzi once again and we saw Meredith play a purrrty set at the brainwash café. It’s good to see my friends again and just chill the fuck out. Been so long since I just did ‘nothing.’















My apartment still feels empty. Even when my sister has been here all week. It’s strange to be in a space that once held such love and wonder and comfort…transformed to a room that lacks inspiration. Motivation rides the wave inside of me and I am still moving. These past few weeks have sparked a return of pieces of me I long forgot, hid from or buried to keep peace. Quickly coming back I have found myself sleeping less, drinking less (shirly temple anyone?) and writing and performing new songs without fear. To touch upon this place, even for an instant is a blessing I have long awaited. The hatred of the self is slowly lifting. Did I mention slowly…?

Monday night was a random gig at blondie’s a cute little martini bar down in the mission. I celebrated my first birthday living in San Francisco at this bar a few years back. It was a trip to be back there with some of those same peeps (tony whom I had just met and my sister who I barely got along with). Memories. And the addition of beautiful new friends was much loved (tracey, erin, jarrell, alan, brett, john, kathy, etc… wooot!)
















Enjoy these morsels and I’ll update about this weekend soon which was wild. i'm currently stuck in los angeles after hanging backsage at the kill hannah/mindless self indulgence show, hanging at the studio and meeting greg and falling asleep in a hammock outside after the party on saturday at the world wide spies house. um. yeah. watch out.

Ciao bellas.

xo.
kim

No comments:

Post a Comment